DISTANT VOICES – POETRY BRIDGE COMPETITION
across the span of hands
my palms press into yours
love leaps like a tattoo
inked on my fingers
Huge congratulations from QPF to Kelly and thanks to the huge amount of entries that we received from poets across Australia. Thanks to our judges too who had the tough job of narrowing it down to this poem #QPF2017
In collaboration with Red Room Poetry, Brisbane City Council, and Gilimbaa, Queensland Poetry Festival (QPF) are running a POETRY BRIDGE projection competition within our QPF2017 festival theme DISTANT VOICES open to all Australian residents.
The winning poet will receive $300 as a Red Room Poetry Commission to be published on their website, as well having your words designed as a concrete poem by Gilimbaa and then projected on the William Jolly Bridge from Aug 21-25 in the week of QPF2017.
1. The poem must respond to, and include the words ‘DISTANT VOICES‘ within the character limit.
2. All entries must be received by 5:00PM Friday 7 July 2017.
3. Poems must be previously unpublished and not submitted for other competitions.
4. Poems must be a maximum of 140 characters in length.
5. The winning poet will be contacted late-July. Note: the winning poem may be reshaped as part of the design process and projection constraints.
6. Multiple entries not permitted. Entrants may not send more than 2 poems.
7. Poems must be original works written by an individual author and not infringe on anyone’s copyright.
8. Copyright in all poem(s) remains with the poet.
All entries must be emailed as a Word Doc attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line DISTANT VOICES – POETRY BRIDGE COMPETITION.
Judges: Annie Te Whiu (QPF Co-Director), Tamryn Bennett (Red Room Poetry Director), and Katherine Ogg (Gilimbaa Designer/Project Manager)
This competition is presented in partnership with